Jeremy Owens is the CEO of US Construction Zone, a peer-to-peer professional network for construction industry managers. He started US Construction Zone as a way for industry professionals to collaborate with like-minded individuals who understand the business. Jeremy is also a third-generation owner of 3 Generations Improvements, a home exterior improvements firm that specializes in doors, windows, siding, and decks. He earned his bachelor’s degree in business and has over 15 years of experience in the construction industry.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Jeremy Owens talks about his experience taking over ownership of his family-owned construction business
- The importance of recognizing individual strengths in business
- Jeremy discusses the purpose behind US Construction Zone
- Jeremy opens up about the increasing struggles of mental health in the construction industry
- The need for industry managers to have peers they can turn to for support and collaboration
In this episode…
It’s lonely at the top. Industry managers often struggle with unique challenges that their team members don’t face or understand. The construction industry is no exception. And, in a space that has a long-standing image of toughness, it can be difficult for construction industry managers to find other leaders they can turn to for support.
That’s why Jeremy Owens launched US Construction Zone, a peer network for leaders and managers in the construction industry. Construction has one of the highest suicide rates of any industry in the US. Jeremy understands the importance of mental health and professional support in an industry that is dominated by harmful stereotypes and unique challenges.
In this episode of Get the Intel, Chad Gill sits down with Jeremy Owens, the CEO of US Construction Zone, a network that seeks to create a space where construction industry managers can turn to peers who understand their challenges. Together, they discuss the importance of support among construction industry leaders, the mental health challenges facing the industry, and what US Construction Zone has planned for the future. Tune in to hear more.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Chad Gill on LinkedIn
- Workforce Recon
- Jeremy Owens on LinkedIn
- US Construction Zone
- 3 Generations Improvements
- In the Zone podcast
- “A First-Hand Look at A True Hero’s Journey With Dr. Sally Spencer-Thomas” on the In The Zone podcast
- “The Curse of Knowledge With Marcus Sheridan, Global Speaker and Consultant” on Get The Intel
- “College Financial Planning with Roman Polnar, Founder and Managing Partner of Pillar6 Advisors LLC” on Get The Intel